This recipe is a really simple way to spice up chicken and mushrooms. The seasoning gives it a really nice smokey kick, and compliments the earthy flavors of the mushrooms with a nice heat and richness. I served it with grilled zucchini, but you could serve it with rice if you are not staying away from grains, or potato if you’re looking for something a little more robust. I didn’t have anything to soak up the juices on my plate – so I just drank them, it was really yummy.
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil (or a fat source of your choice)
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic chopped
- 1 package (about 15) Baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1-1.5 lbs Chicken Breast Tenders cut into chunks
- 1-2 tbsp Kalustyan’s Southwest Seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos (optional)
In a pan over medium heat, saute the shallots and garlic.
After they get going, add the mushrooms, cover and give it a shake to toss, and let it cook for a minute or two.
Sprinkle the southwest seasoning, and stir briefly, before adding the chicken broth, coconut aminos, and cocoa powder.
Stir to combine everything and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken, cover, and let simmer until the chicken is cooked through.