Since I finally posted my Italian inspired porgy dish last night, I thought I’d follow it up with a similar dish that I made this week. It starts off pretty much the same, but is more mediterranean in flavor by the end, with a fresh, raw, topping of olives and cucumbers. It’s really easy to make, and another dish that feels really complimentary to a cool summer night.
For the fish, I started off similar to my Italian dish.
- Arrange the filets in a glass pan
- Top with some large tomato slices, along with some fresh basil.
- Add some capers on top, and season with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Then Bake covered, at 400 degrees, until the fish flakes easily – about 20 minutes.
While that was going, I made the topping:
- 1 Can Green Olives [Trader Joe’s, Green Pitted]
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- 1 small white onion
- fresh basil
- 1 cucumber
- Olive oil
- Pepper, oregano, thyme
Chop up and combine everything in a bowl
When the fish was done, I just arranged it on a plate, and spooned some of the topping mixture on top. It was delicious!