So I forgot to take a picture of this one, but it was good, so I decided to post it anyway. It was a great weekend meal, without being tied down cooking all day.
•Eye of round roast
•1/2 a pumpkin cubed [i used a cheese pumkin, but kabocha would be amazing. Butternut squash would work too.
•1-1/2 cups strained tomato
•1 ladle chicken broth
•1 yellow onion
•1 pattypan squash
•3 cloves garlic
•Salt, pepper, cayenne, ginger, cinnamon, paprika, thyme, nutmeg, a small shake of cumin and coriander, 1 clove seed and 2-3 allspice berries whole, 2 bay leaves
1. Quarter the onion and chop the apple into large chunks.
2. Place the onion on the bottom of the crock pot along with some pumpkin.
3. Then add the roast on top, and throw the rest of the vegetables in.
4. Add the seasonings, then the tomato and broth.
5. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove the roast and cut into chunks and add pack to the pot.