This version, has red cabbage, and isn’t QUITE as asian inspired. It also isn’t as spicy or sour. In a way it’s a completely different thing, but at the same time, there are a lot of similarities, and the basis is pretty much the same.
- 1 tablespoon duck fat
- 1 lb chicken (2 breasts cubed)
- 1/2 a head of red cabbage – chopped
- 2 cups broccoli slaw (Trader Joe’s brand)
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh, or frozen from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 or 3 tbsp Coconut aminos
- Generous amount of Ginger powder
- a little Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 large radishes sliced – added 5 min at end
Look how pretty it looks for something so simple! I just melted some duck fat in a pan over medium heat, threw the veggies in for a few minutes, added the liquids and chicken, covered, and let cook until the chicken was cooked through, stirring occasionally. with dishes like this, I don’t really pay much attention to the order I put the ingredients in, or even cook time, It’s kind of hard to screw up. I stir often, and keep an eye on the chicken, but because of the liquids, I never have a problem with it getting dried out. The radishes were the only thing I left out until the end. Dishes like this are really great for the week, because they take minimal effort and cook time for you busy folks like me.