Oh good, as my cold subsides (it’s almost gone, though my sense of smell hasn’t returned as of yet… Well, slightly) I can get back to normal in the kitchen. Tonight’s dinner happened because I forgot to thaw fish, and the boyfriend forgot to take it out when I asked him from work. I had some mashed pumpkin in the fridge that I had prepared the night before, so I was really just looking for a good protein. I ran to the store and picked up some organic free-ranged chicken breast tenders, and whipped up this easy preparation in about 15 minutes.
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons organic stone ground mustard
- 2 small, sweet apples (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped or sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A little salt, pepper, thyme, and cayenne pepper
In a pan, heat some coconut oil. Add the onions, garlic, and apples, and sauté for a few minutes. Use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut the chicken into chunks and put them in the pot as well. Then add the balsamic, mustard, seasonings, and stir. Cover and cook for a few minutes. Uncover, stir, and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through.