My poor crock pot is such a work horse. I really should get a few of them. This dish, like pretty much anything I do in the crock pot, is really easy, and yields a lot of shredded chicken so you’ll have Leftovers for sure! I’m always excited to try new experiments with the crock pot, since it makes dinner after a long day at work, and a busy life, seem a little less overbearing. Give this a try, It’s not too earthy, but comforting and flavorful. It’s lightly spiced, so it can be really versatile, and can be served with almost anything.
In the crock pot, combine the following ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs of chicken breast
- 1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, cut into a few chunks
- 5 small or 3 large shallots, halved
- 3 medium portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 large shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (14 oz) Trader Joe’s Light Coconut Milk
- 6 oz vegetable broth
- Spices: oregano, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, allspice
Cook on low for 8-10 hours, then shred the chicken with a fork.