With Thanksgiving coming quick, I’m sure you don’t want a crazy complicated dinner while also trying to get ready for the holiday. This one is super-duper easy. It happened on a recent busy night, when I just didn’t really feel like cooking crazy things. That’s a lot of nights. I’m sure some of you busy folks out there have the same feeling, and it scares you away from cooking….well this one is for you. Next time you’re considering Chinese take out, make this instead.
- 1.5 lb chicken, cut into chunks
- 1/3 head broccoli, chopped to semi-small florets
- 1 Spanish or sweet onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- A lot of black pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- 3-5 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Duck fat (For Sauteing, you can also use lard, tallow, coconut oil, bacon grease, or any other healthy fat)
- Heat one or two tablespoons of duck fat over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables, seasoning, and coconut aminos, stir, and saute covered (Stirring occasionally) until the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Add the chicken, cover, and stir occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.