This is just a SUPER simple red sauce preparation with Italian spices, lots of garlic, and a few shiitake mushrooms for fun. I added an egg for a little extra protein boost. Sorry the pictures aren’t the best, it was a little sloppy on the plate, but it tasted great which is all that matters when it comes to busy middle of the week dinners!
- 5-7 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1-2 lbs Tilapia (2 large filets)
- About 14 oz strained Tomato
- Basil, oregano, allspice, thyme, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika
- 4-5 shiitake mushrooms, halved
- Chop up your shallots, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over med or med-high heat and add the garlic and shallots, cover and stir or shake occasionally
- Pat the tilapia with a paper towel, and place in a Ziploc bag with the coconut flour, tumble to coat
- Beat an egg and dip the fish filets in
- Place the filets in the pan and pour in any remaining egg and cover
- Add the tomato, and seasoning, going nice and heavy on the basil and oregano. Stir gently.
- Towards the end, once the fish is mostly cooked, add the mushrooms. Cover and cook for a couple of min until the fish flakes easily with a fork.