Here’s an easy dinner, that dresses up meat balls just a little with kale, and light curry spices. Then It is served over lightly curried veggies to tie it all together. I actually used a lot of frozen vegetables from Trader Joe’s. You can use fresh, which of course is prefered, but for a busy weeknight, using frozen makes it quick and easy to get a yummy dinner on the table.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Chopped Kale, thawed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/8 cup roasted garlic salsa
- Salt, pepper, curry powder, oregano, paprika
Mix all ingredients together, and form large meatballs. I formed 4 big meatballs when I made this. Bake at 400 degrees for 40+ minutes until the meatballs are cooked through. Flip midway through cooking so it browns on both sides.
- 2 Cups Trader Joe’s Frozen Fire Roasted Peppers and Onions
- 1 Cup Trader Joe’s Frozen Leeks
- 1 Cup Trader Joe’s Frozen Parisian Carrots
- 2 Cups Trader Joe’s Frozen Kale
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Curry powder
- 1/2 Cup Pine nuts
Heat coconut oil over medium heat. add in all the vegetables, coconut butter, chicken stock, and curry powder. Cook until all ingredients are well heated and combined. Add the pine nuts during the last few minutes of cooking.