Browsing whole foods, I passed by the fish counter and something shiny caught my eye. Taking a look, I was immediately excited…Fresh Sardines!! I grabbed all they had and merrily went on my way. I decided to grill them, in addition to broiling a grapefruit and some vegetables, and adding them to some tender baby kale.
Broiled Grapefruit and Vegetables
- Small carrots whole and peeled
- 2 small onions quarters
- 5-7 cloves garlic
- 1 grapefruit halved
- Cinnamon, pepper, salt, thyme, curry powder
- Broil in a foil lined pan at 400-425 for about 30-40 minutes
- Remove everything but the carrots, Fold up the sides of the foil, and return the carrots to the oven for another 15-20 minutes
- The cooked grapefruit should be super easy to peel. Once it ‘s cool enough to handle, basically turn it inside out
- Gently separate the sections
- Lemon Juice
- Marinate the sardines in lemon juice, basil, salt, and oregano
- Preheat your griddle, I used the George Foreman grill
- Grill for 4-6 minutes until meat is falling off the bone (This is totally going to depend on the size of the fish).
- After they were done I took the spines out of the big ones. The small ones I left the bones in and ate tails and all.
Finally, Place baby kale in a bowl and top with grapefruit, vegetables and fish. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and serve! Super yummy and easy!