Sometime’s the super quick things are the best. Sometime’s a simple mixture, causes a magical explosion of goodness in your mouth, and you can’t help but wonder “Really? It was THAT easy?” – I made this on a lazy whim. It was seriously a mixture of me not wanting to cook, and rummaging through the freezer and refrigerator, trying to find enough ingredients to make something healthy, hearty, and sustaining with the possibility of leftovers. This is what I came up with, and it turned out awesome. The mixture of beef and chicken really added something, and I think if it was either one or the other, it wouldn’t have the same magic.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 boneless chicken thigh filets, about 2 lbs, cut into chunks.
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package, or 3-4 cups chopped rainbow swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger (a generous amount, doesn’t have to be exact)
- 1/8 cup coconut aminos (or a couple of good, generous shakes)
- a few good shakes of allspice
Melt the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add all the ingredients except for the chard and cover. Stir occasionally to break up the ground beef and disperse the chicken. Once the meat is about 75% cooked, add the chard and cover. Once it wilts and cooks down, stir to combine. Once the meat and chicken is cooked through, remove from heat and serve.