Here is a super easy and flavorful side dish. For a vegetarian option, omit the turkey bacon. You can also use regular pork bacon, but I tend to use Applegate Turkey Bacon because Mike doesn’t eat pork. Once again, the food processor (Yay Ninja) comes in super handy, and makes all the chopping a breeze. Just a little peeling and light chopping, and then the food processor, makes this a quick side dish for a busy weeknight.
- 1/2 a Butternut Squash Cubed
- 1 Sweet Potato Cubed
- 2 Carrot
- 1 Parsnips
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 1 Onion
- 6-7 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Light Coconut Milk
- Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Salt
- 3 slices Applegate Turkey Bacon
- Add all the vegetables to a food processor and pulse until they form small-medium cubes. You might have to do this in a few batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan over medium-medium high heat and add the veggie medley, as well as the coconut milk, and seasonings. Stir and cover.
- After a few minutes add the Turkey Bacon, breaking it up into small pieces with your hands.
- Cook, Stirring occasionally, until everything is cooked through and tender.