Looking for something fun, fancy, and easy to impress dinner guests (or family members) with? Try these stuffed chicken breasts. They come together surprisingly easily, are grain and dairy free, and are wrapped in bacon (‘Nuff Said). Mike’s brother (The picky sugar addicted one) was over and he thought they were pretty awesome, so if that isn’t seal of approval I don’t know what is. I used Applegate’s Sunday Bacon for a couple of them, and since Mike stays away from pork, I used their Turkey Bacon for the others. Note, If you are on the WLC, Applegate bacon DOES contain a small amount of cane sugar, so it’s not compliant, HOWEVER you can get sugar-free Pork or Beef bacon from US Wellness Meats that is amazing, and very very WLC compliant! This was the first time I ever butterflied and pounded chicken breasts for a recipe so I was pretty psyched how good they came out.
This recipe is for 6 chicken breasts.
- 1/3 cup Macadamia Nut Ricotta
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- 1 apple
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and rinsed
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cups greens (spinach/baby chard)
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the filling until they are chopped and mixed well.
- Butterfly and pound your chicken breasts and arrange in a glass baking pan
- spoon in 2-4 tablespoons of filling, depending on the size of the chicken breast, and fold over
- Wrap with 2-3 slices of bacon
- Bake 400 for 30-40 minutes until bacon is browned and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees