This is a SUPER EASY recipe that I put together while looking for ways to use my home made coconut milk. I didn’t have enough ingredients to make a recipe out of Sarah Fragoso’s new book Everyday Paleo: Thai Cuisine, so I decided to just make something up and improvise, while staying a little Thai-Spired. Please adjust the spiciness to your liking. the amount of Thai chili I used produced a pretty strong level of spice, and I used mostly yellow/orange and some green ones. So please adjust according to your own preference. As hot as it was, the flavors were beautifully complimentary, bright, warm, and comforting.
- 6-7 whole Thai chilies – tops removed
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thick
- 1″ piece of fresh ginger, skin removed, and sliced with the peeler into soup
- 1/4 cup bell pepper and onion slices
- 2 bunches or more of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 quart full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (Optional)
Add all ingredients to a pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.